Q & A With Tom
Midweek with Libby Purves on BBC Radio 4
February 15, 2015
Six tips for Entrepreneurs
November 18, 2014
My six top tips for writing
November 11, 2014
BBC Hereford & Worcester interview with the wonderful Tammy Gooding
November 4, 2014
November 3, 2014
My Publishing Journey: Tips for Writing & Self-Publishing
October 29, 2014
From Priests to Parties
October 28, 2014
October 15, 2014
While being a successful entrepreneur requires a number of different skills, there are one or two - often overlooked ones - that stand out as fundamental.
1. You can’t be good at everything. Engage people better and brighter than you as soon as you can afford them going forward.
2. Focus on your strengths. You don’t have the time or inclination to focus on your weaknesses - that is what you hire others for.
3. Good ideas are easy to come by. Good people are not - treat them well.
4. Be likeable or at least agreeable. 90% of any successful business is about selling. 90% of people do business with people they like.
5. Don’t over refine or over develop your product or service before you start. It will always be a work in progress.
6. It is a depressing truth that, in business, you only have to be a little less mediocre than the next person to succeed.
You will never work so hard as when you work for yourself and it can be lonely, but if you’ve got what it takes it can be very rewarding and hugely exciting.
bbc radio 4
from priests to parties
hereford and worcester
king henry v
the mill hill missionary society
the other side of loss
writers and artists
writing and self-publishing
February 2015 (1)
November 2014 (4)
October 2014 (3)