Six tips for Entrepreneurs
While being a successful entrepreneur requires a number of different skills, there are one or two - often overlooked ones - that stand out as fundamental.
1. You can’t be good at everything. Engage people better and brighter than you as soon as you can afford them going forward.
2. Focus on your strengths. You don’t have the time or inclination to focus on your weaknesses - that is what you hire others for.
3. Good ideas are easy to come by. Good people are not - treat them well.
4. Be likeable or at least agreeable. 90% of any successful business is about selling. 90% of people do business with people they like.
5. Don’t over refine or over develop your product or service before you start. It will always be a work in progress.
6. It is a depressing truth that, in business, you only have to be a little less mediocre than the next person to succeed.
You will never work so hard as when you work for yourself and it can be lonely, but if you’ve got what it takes it can be very rewarding and hugely exciting.